Canada Post is back in business.
Oh, how I missed these last few weeks:
-going to the mailbox
-receiving amazon packages
-getting my numerous magazines and free catalogues
-letters
I love mail. I always have. I've always enjoyed letter-writing, which I seriously began when I met Trish at summer camp 18 years ago. We kept in touch for all those years, through our numerous moves and journeys. Our correspondence is now is a bit slower (every few months), due to life circumstances, but still active.
I also use to correspondent a lot with Bex. All those multiple-pages letters and a few tapes... Now we email on a weekly basis, have phone chats monthly, and send packages to one another.
Sitting with pen in hand on a rainy afternoon or on a bright sunny weekend morning was something I used to do pre-Margot and pre-Simon. Now, I don't have that luxury to write for an hour.
I enjoy sending cards (b-day/thank you/congrats/good luck), which is a quicker way to communicate with someone, sending them my love and hugs.
I think there's something so soulful, personal and thoughtful about putting pen on paper. It's a connection. I am now more grateful than ever whenever I receive a card or letter from a sweet sweet friend. It does take effort and care in this fast-techno-savvy world of ours. Nothing beats the sensation of seeing my name and address carefully written on an envelope. A breath of fresh air! It really does add sparkles to my day!
So, thank you for those who write, even if it's just a short note. Let's keep it alive!
Special Thank yous (because I think you read this blog): Sabrina, Sarra, Vicky. xox
I love it!!! Jen, it was so great seeing you today...love your blog!
ReplyDeleteSee you soon sista.
Aloha,
Beck xoox
Hi Jen! I have an envelope with a stamp on it and your address written ready to go - stay tuned!
ReplyDeleteSabrina
I think we don't write as often because it feels like I've no time to think interesting things to write - my head's full of scheduling the boys activities and playdates while making sure the house isn't toxic. But I wish I had more time - coffee and a pen - I'd rather write a letter than keep a diary these days.
ReplyDeleteI was inspired. There is a letter for you waiting by our key pot to be posted. Allow several days for me to forget it on my way out the door but hopefully between me, La Poste and Canada Post, it'll be with you soon :) xxx
ReplyDelete