-My sweet belle-soeur, Nathalie, knits beautifully and has given me over the years, for b-days and xmas, a few knitted items. The scarf that she made me has been a staple of my winter wardrobe since March 2008 and I wear it everyday in the wintertime (and in the fall and spring!) . I always receive so many compliments! I absolutely adore that scarf.
-I love wool. In general, I tend to gravitate towards knitting clothes.
-I like the idea of creating something with my hands. From the first stitch to the last one.
-I find a meditative quality to knitting. A slowing down. An opportunity to be in the present, one stitch at a time.
This weekend, I had a Knitting Club meeting. I always learn so much and feel so inspired afterward, wanting to knit more projects! I really do need guidance and encouragement as this field is very new to me, and I'm very grateful for the help I am getting. I also signed up on ww.ravelry.com, an online knitting community where one can cehck out patterns, read reviews, post current and past projects,etc. It's opened up a whole new world to me!
Here are my 4 creations:
|
| Neige Hat for those cold winter days. Super cozy and warm. |
| WhamBamThankYouLamb! neck warmer - my first project. Super easy to make. |
Do you take orders?? I love the little blue bob. Am inspired, must sort out my own clackety clack :) xxx
ReplyDeleteFunny you should ask, I do take orders ;)
ReplyDeletexox
Jen! I'm on Ravelry too - look for me: brinam I do need to update my profile, but do check me out!
ReplyDeleteI too enjoy the process of creating something from beginning to end and having something tangible to represent hours of work...
Mwahahahah, another poor soul falls victim to my ploy of turning everyone into obsessed fiber-philes like me....
ReplyDeleteSabrina, that's so cool that you're on Ravelry. I'll check you out.
ReplyDeleteNicole, you are a bad influence ;)
My beautiful blessing shawl!! Great for getting cozy in during middle of the night feeds.
ReplyDelete