I was a green tea drinker. My favourite? Loose-leaf jasmine with a dollop (or two) of honey. I would make a nice pot, let it steep forever, top up when necessary. Sit down in my red chair with my books. Daydream. Breathe.Pure détente. (looking back, pure luxury, too!)
Nowadays, my medicine is a cup of black tea. I like Lady Grey with its hint of citrus or Twinning's Blackcurrant with its aroma and sweetness. I drop the tea bag in my big mug, top it with boiled water, steep for 3 minutes, discard the tea bag, and carry the mug around the house (and sometimes outside) while I do laundry, wash the dishes, water the herb garden, organize the office upstairs, go on the computer. Just carrying on with my daily tasks.
I love the smell, the comfort and the slowing down tea provides. "Reward Yourself: A cup of Twinings Tea provides a delicious diversion from the everyday" (printed on the Twining's Lady Grey teabag). And with that in mind, don't we all deserve tea?
p.s. Just for the record, I do sometimes have time to enjoy loose-leaf (usually on weekends when Simon watches over the little Munchkin) and have a nice variety to choose from. Although I'm not a coffee drinker, I enjoy Moccachinos and Lattes.
You are such a refined tea-drinker! We have one kind of tea in our house, Tetley tea bags. Builder's tea. The tea bag should be doused in boiling water and then squished and squished to release the full tea goodness. Or, more often than not, forgotten in the heat of some mini-beast crisis, until it is stone cold and completely stewed. I agree, we all deserve tea. I couldn't get through the day without it. There is a nice cafe in Beziers that has an amazing selection of teas. One day we'll sit down there together... xxx
ReplyDeleteI too enjoy a cup of black tea almost every day! In the last couple of years I've discovered herbal and green too, but black is still my fave. And I agree, it just sort of feels like a little moment for myself, even if I'm having my cup while working!
ReplyDelete