Fact: This is our decision and we are marvellously happy with it.

I don't really see my family unit as two adults and "just" one child; I see it as a trio.
I have never felt pressured to have another child. However, I sometimes get the question: "Do you think you'll have another one?". This question is often asked by friends or acquaintances that have more than one kid. I quickly and sincerely answer "No. One is good for us." I sometimes add that by having another one would impede on my well-being, robbing me from my imperative "Jen-time"and adding stress to my relationship. I don't feel like we're incomplete or that I'm missing out. Simon and I are happy with our situation and we have so much fun with Margot.
On another note, I don't believe that Margot is being "denied" of a sibling. She has three (almost four) cousins, two whom she sees regularly and feels comfortable (sometimes too comfortable) acting like a sister when around them.

Indeed, such a happy trio! You guys have got it sussed ;)
ReplyDeletexxx
Great post - it can sometimes be surprisingly difficult to know exactly what you need. Your trio seems rather awesome and complete!
ReplyDeleteSabrina
Love your trio, and your commitment to do what is right for you! And I lovelovelove your smiling faces. What a beautiful family.
ReplyDeletexoxo
I *have* felt pressure, both externally and self-imposed, to expand my family, for all the reasons you state. I am quite happy with just my little boy, but it's an ongoing debate for me, and I'll figure out the answer sometime or other...or I'll get too old, whatever comes first!!! :)
ReplyDelete