It feels strange not to post anything about my birthday. I am, after all, a year older. April 16th rolled by last Thursday. On that sunny day, I taught diligently and my students were kind enough (!) to hand in their essays on time - so now I have a nice fresh pile to mark (which, I've been avoiding). In the evening, Simon and I went out to dinner at a South American restaurant and shared delicious small plates (a.k.a tapas). It was a lovely Thursday!
Overall, 37 was a pretty happy and satisfying year. Looking back at my April 15 2014 journal entry: "My word for my upcoming year: Flow. I wish to be more relaxed, more go with the flow". Have I done that during my 37th year? Yep, I think so. (Note: for the "relaxed" bit, I must have no doubt written that in a stressful time of year and wished for things to slow down).
I want 38 to be exciting! My word for this year: Delight*
Since we didn't take pictures on my b-day, here's one of me looking ferocious: ;)
*this word makes me smile and pause. It's a friendly, playful, light word. Even saying it forces one to turn the upper corners of their lips into a smile!
Delight is the perfect word for you, no one I know is more delightful xxx
ReplyDeletep.s. ferocious is also a good word!
Bonne Fete Jen! Wishing you a delightfully ferocious 38th year!
ReplyDeletexox Sabrina