Roasted cauliflower in olive oil:
So simple.
So delicious.
Eaten with fresh pita bread - nothing beats really fresh pita bread! (I grew up with pita bread which was only bought at specialty Middle Eastern bakeries, so I can tell the difference just by holding and sniffling the bag! ) - scooping the flowerets and savouring all the amazing flavours.
A perfect afternoon snack!
(although Margot was content just eating the cauliflower with her fingers, without the bread)
For those of us without the same depth of pita experience - how can we tell if the pita is truly fresh? I've been really disappointed many times with stale store-bought pita...!
ReplyDeleteThe cauliflower looks delicious! Yum!
Sabrina
Two ways:
Delete-smell the bag. It should smell "fresh".
-when you hold the bag, it should be a bit floppy in your hands.
Good luck in your quest of finding fresh pita!
:)
Yum - love roast cauliflower, only way to eat it as far as I'm concerned! Never thought about eating it with pita, thanks for the tip :)
ReplyDeletexxx