Last Sunday morning, I enjoyed a fabulous yoga practice (thank you myyogaonline.com!) with the inspirational and vibrant Janet Stone. (One day, I will have to return to San Fran to attend one of her daily classes. Her approach to yoga really speaks to me.)
She was talking about Chid Rasa.
Chid means the great consciousness; the seer. As humans, we have a limited perspective. We often don't recognize that the lens we are looking through is small. When we practice yoga, we practice to open that lens; to get a glimpse of the awareness within us.
Rasa means essence; juice; the great arts; the moods: humour, anger, desire, love, laughter, agony...
You combine those two Sanskrit words and you get: Chid Rasa: Liquid Awakening. One needs to find the ability to possess consciousness that is permeable, movable, liquid.
What does it all mean? It boils down to this: when we bump up against the edges of being human, we have the capacity to pause for a moment and find our own flexibility within the circumstance, the
situation.
So, to all, I wish you moments of Chid Rasa.
Thank you! Your yoga practice always sounds so inspiring.
ReplyDeleteBxxx