This summer, our "outings" included:
-At least one hike a month in Gatineau Park.
-A weekly date night.
-A monthly Ottawa market stroll.
As I write this, I notice that it isn't much, but it's realistic. And I'm proud to say that we stuck to those "outings" and sometimes even did more!
This weekend, we visited the National Gallery of Canada and saw the Caravaggio exhibit. Having a membership at such a beautiful gallery is invaluable. We have been members for four years and love the convenience of just "dropping in".
Sometimes, the outings are not jotted down on the calendar. They are spontaneous "let's enjoy this beautiful weather!" outings. What better way to spend our time in a nearby park an hour before Margot's bedtime? Simon can practice his French, I can lay on the grass and look at the sky, and Margot can run anywhere she pleases.
| I can't remember why I had my hands on my eyes... |
| A break from studying |
| Margot found the cocottes! |
I love the leap-Margot shot. I think your events calendar sounds very impressive. We're not very good at planning beyond the next meal... I miss art galleries, I loved the National Gallery of Canada. You make me feel Ottawa-sick. xxx
ReplyDeleteI love the spontaneous adventures - we've got more energy now but less free time as the kids are involved in activities. Still, we need to squeeze in a couple of magic day trips soon!
ReplyDeletesorry! ew! what did she find? blah!
ReplyDelete