Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Beauty of the Weekend

This is why this first-weekend-since-school-started is so precious to me:

-For months, I have been able to have lazy mornings. And this week, it hit me with a "bam!" - 6:20 am wake ups. I have three 8 am classes this semester. I know for many this is part of their everyday grind, but it's been an adjustment for me.

-Margot's care. I can't just jump in the car and head to work. I need to make arrangements for the lil' munchkin (LM). This week she had three sets of babysitters: Parham grandparents who kindly came over for a few days to help out and who kept LM  entertained, well-fed, and well-rested; Tante Mado, taking over the 6 1/2-hour Thursday shift, who devotes so much energy and care to LM; and finally Khouri-Lalonde grandparents where I dropped off  LM very early in the morning and will do so for a few months.S. and I are so grateful for all the help we have. Honestly, I don't know how others do it!

-My yoga practice has hit a low. (see last post) I don't think it's possible for me to do an hour everyday like I used to.  I know that "no time" is a lame excuse and we blah blah blah... But I want to use my time for other things, such as reading, knitting, going for strolls with my little gang, cooking, watching a dvd once in awhile, and just chillin'.  So, I think it's realistic to practice yoga for 25-30 minutes a day. I'll keep you updated on my journey... By the way, I abruptly ended my 40-day meditation challenge. I did 22 days. That's all right.

-I couldn't wait to do nothing today and tomorrow. We never just do "nothing". But it's nice to have low-key, relaxing events on my calendar: hanging out with friends and babies later this afternoon, and knitting club tomorrow morning. Ah... simple weekend pleasures...


Chéticamp Island Beach. A simple moment.

Iles-de-la-Madeleine. A "me" moment.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to seeing you tomorrow for our little knitting club! Weekends are sweet indeed with good friends and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful photos. Hope your weekend was lovely and relaxing. I was never really into doing "nothing" before kids either but now I cherish the "nothing" times. In any case, as long as there's a mini-beast in the building you're never really doing "nothing" anyway! xxx

    ReplyDelete