| Us + Dave (Simon's friend who joined us) |
We went to Voyageur Provincial Park, about a 90-minute drive east. The weather was perfect and there were no bugs!!!
Camping is messy and smelly. It can be uncomfortable. I sometimes dream of this tent. I'm sure it would enhance my experience ;)
| Our "3-person" tent was awfully small... |
Yet camping is also strangely satisfying. You're outdoors, in touch with nature. You can eat as many sticky roasted marshmallows as you wish. The pace is slower. There's really nowhere to rush to.
A summer isn't complete without a camping trip, even if it's just for 24 hours.
Margot declared a few times: "I love camping!!!"
I would add that time spent at a cottage works too if you can't go camping :) I'm looking forward to taking Asher camping next year though!
ReplyDeleteMatilda and I are currently trying to convince Fanf about the joys of camping, but he's remaining resolutely unconvinced... I think we might have to go for the 24 hour approach to make any headway with him...
ReplyDelete