Jen went to lunch with a friend on Saturday. So Margot and I (dada) thought we'd go off on a little adventure!
Step 1: Catch bus #39 at bus stop (free for under 6 year olds - woohoo!)
Step 2: Make sure you savour the journey as this is Margot's second bus ride - ever (in Ottawa). Appreciate something you do ten times a week a bit more.
Step 3: Enjoy the hustle and bustle that is the "Market", Ottawa's tourism ground zero. Take a photo of yourself but do it in a cool-I'm-a-local-sort-of-way.
Step 4: Note interesting street art with appreciative smile.
Step 5: Continue through Market until you reach big spider in front of Art Gallery. Jump.
Step 6: Spend max time in National Art Gallery that a 5-year will tolerate (30 minutes). Inwardly pat yourself on the back for buying season family pass so you don't feel guilty for leaving early.
Step 7: Walk on any ledge you see.
Step 8: Buy yummy (Ontario) grapes and local cucumbers from farmers' market.
Step 9: Return home on bus with food. Cause just enough ruckus to make any parents on the bus smile.
Step 10: Repeat as much as possible!

Love you guys. I had a little adventure/date with Asher myself on Saturday - and he actually behaved! Can't wait to see you all soon!
ReplyDeleteWas it also Dad that coiffed Margot? I love her wild style, it sort of deserves a post of its own ;)
ReplyDeleteYou did everything in your outing - well done!! Bx