Sunday, March 22, 2015

Simple Pleasure: Sunday Evening

There is a quietude to Sunday evenings.
Here are some moments of my Sunday evening routine:
*Tidying up the kitchen after Simon's Sunday meal. note: I love how he cooks on weekends and I, during the week. It works with our schedules.
*Margot's earlier bedtime routine.
*Making lunches: chopping veggies, steaming broccoli (my lunch for Monday and Tuesday. I add grated cheese and pop it in the microwave for the cheese to melt. An easy lunch that makes me happy!)
*Organizing Margot's things for school: her class folder, her washed blankets, her lunchbox. I even lay out her snowsuit, mitts and hat by the front entrance. note: she picks her clothes before going to bed.
*Organizing my things in my work bag (marking folders, wallet, phone) Car keys nearby.
*Sometimes watching an episode of a show on Netflix. (We started watching Broadchurch a few days ago).
*Tucking into bed a bit earlier to catch up on a bit of reading. Delightful!

It's nice to have a slower pace on Sunday evenings. Once the work week begins, it quickens and we sometimes lose track of that Jazz and Candle soundtrack of Sunday evening.

4 comments:

  1. I love Sunday evenings because it's the one night of the week that's guaranteed family time, you know you'll all be safely tucked up at home :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much of late Sundays are devoted to quiet preparations in our home too. I also love the final hour or two after Asher goes to bed, as I can usually spend that reading alongside with Rich on the couch, or catching up on a tv show or two. Just really relaxed time.

    ~n.
    xo

    P.S. You eat just a plate of steamed broccoli with cheese on it for lunch?? Much respect :)

    P.P.S. I love the idea of the Sunday evening "jazz and candle" soundtrack. What a lovely evocation of mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a bit of breathing room before the craziness of the week takes over.

      Delete
  3. Love the Jazz and Candle soundtrack notion....sigh, it's Wednesday and long gone for us! I've mostly been a 'Friday I'm in love' kind of gal, but I think Sunday's allure is on the rise! Great post!
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete