Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Moment with Margot: A Girl And Her Cat

The presence of a pet in a child's life offers them companionship, security and love. I grew up (from the ages of 7 to 28) with my Minette who slept in my bed, listened to me read aloud, allowed to be held and petted at all times of the day, felt my tears. She was always there for me; my confident.


Even though Margot is still a bit rough with Luna, she has displayed great love and affection towards her pet: "Ma belle Luna! My sweetheart! I love you, Luna!" she enthusiastically chimes almost daily, while she kisses the top of Luna's head and strokes her soft back.


Friends


A listener of stories and watcher of pictures


A protector at night


A comforting presence


Someone to hug when you need time alone


1 comment:

  1. Lovely post - and you're so right about the role animals play in our lives. I wish we had a pet... xxx

    ReplyDelete