Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's Apple Picking Time!

 
A great activity to welcome a new season!
I know, I know, technically it's still summer, but the air is starting to feel like autumn.
This sunny Sunday morning,our little gang headed off, with Uncle Jason and Cousin Noa, to the closest apple picking orchard we could find.
The sky was blue and the air was slightly brisk. Perfect!
 Needless to say, we ate a lot of apples while picking. Especially this little munchkin...

I love the idea of celebrating seasons and being outdoors is really the best way to do it!
Our next picking adventure? Pumpkins and squash in October.

This is our bushel. We have about 25 lbs. of apples in there. Whoa!
Besides eating them, I plan on making apple crisp, apple pie (don't get too excited, I'm buying the crust) , and perhaps cider (anyone have a good recipe?).
.

2 comments:

  1. What is apple crisp? I have a good recipe for apple and maple syrup muffins if you fancy... Beautiful photos, I'm dying for a bit of autumn! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm looking forward to a bit of apple picking myself later this month. I don't know though, the munchkin might be making the apples jealous with those cheeks of hers!

    ReplyDelete