-hikes in the crisp air
-slow cooker meals and weekend soups
-exploring squash possibilities
-wearing sweaters, tuques and scarves
Here's what I'm not looking forward to:
-shorter days
-November
-wearing socks
Here are some pictures taken last autumn:
| October hike. Margot doesn't fit in the carrier anymore. |
| Leaves in Gatineau Park |
| Indoors costume |
| Trick or Treat'ing bear costume. |
| Snow on November 21! |
When I first started this blog, I didn't think that I would continue it in the next season. But why not? Just because it's called "naked feet in the summer" doesn't mean I can't have naked feet in the fall or even winter, right? Besides, my feet are always naked indoors.
A musing: I much prefer the word "autumn" to "fall". Perhaps it's because it's more similar to automne. It has a gentle, friendly ring to it.
Autumn is my favourite season. I love the chilly mornings and evenings but the warm afternoons. I love the sense of hibernation and I love lots of wholesome hearty warming grub. I also love wearing a good pair of battered comfy slippers ;) So glad your pieds will be walking with us through Autumn as well.
ReplyDeleteA last little word, I fully intend to try out this recipe with butternut squash: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pastry-cake/butternut-squash-muffins. Bxxx
I too love the Autumn. And like you, I have always tried to find little pleasures for every season. I've actually thought about writing a kids book about this exact theme, appreciating/finding joys in all seasons, even when you don't think you can. But that will likely be a (very) long term goal ;)
ReplyDeleteAh, sweet Gatineau Park in the fall. Or should I say "autumn" (I prefer that word too)
ReplyDelete