Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Photogenic Season


A new year has arrived with brilliant sunshine, crisp snow, blue skies and friendly trees.
The days leading to January 1st always force me to reflect on the previous year and to start making plans for the new one.


I decided to tackle this year by seasons and write out simple intentions that I plan to follow. Not only is it a much more realistic accessible method than yearly resolutions (or intentions), but it's also a shorter commitment and can be adapted/developed/scratched off for the following seasons.



Winter Manifesto 2013 for the Khouri-Parham trio:
-Chill in the living room 30 minutes before Margot's bedtime. No computers. Reading, writing, knitting, music allowed.
-Once a month: visit a museum or attend a cultural activity.
-Once every two weeks Twice a month: walk/hike in the snow in Gatineau Park or other conservation area.
-Once every two weeks Twice a month: make soup.

Simple enough.

I'm still formulating my own intentions and will share if you wish to read them.


Note: All pictures were taken on the Sugarbush Trail in Gatineau Park on this chilly and cloudless morning (Jan.1, 2013). Going for a walk is such an invigorating way to begin the year (and I'm sticking to my Winter Manifesto!)

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to the Parham-Khouri trio! Photogenic indeed. I'm always very impressed by your resolution making. Admirable, simple, possible. I've never made a resolution. I suspect this year will not be the year to start making plans I will keep... xxx
    p.s. Any plans for European travel... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your simple resolutions. May I suggest you include "knitting" into your quiet 30 minutes before bed routine?

    ReplyDelete