The facts:
-A 11-week course, once a week, from 3:30 to 4:10pm on Thursdays.
-Offered through the City of Gatineau and Unigym Club.
-Her group, Les fourmis (the ants), was a parent and child group (18 to 30 months).
My thoughts:
-It's a loud activity. Do kids really need that much stimulation at the end of a day? Hum...
-The instructors were excellent. High school-aged girls who were enthusiastic and great with young kids.
-Some parents are really annoying: too involved in their child following the "circuit", not butting in line, doing things properly,etc. Others are relaxed and laissez-faire (I fit in the latter). Surprisingly there were as many moms than dads.
-When I signed up Margot, I naively believed that she would join in right away and follow instructions. I was wrong. I learned on the first class to go with the flow and not expect her to do everything (or even half!) of what was planned.
Margot:
-Margot loved gymnastique before and after class more than the actual time there(!) She would talk about it every day leading to class and excitedly explain what she did in gymnatsics to family members.
-Margot was really reserved and passive at first. It took her about 8 weeks to warm up. She observed a lot and was a bit distracted by all the excitement around her.
Margot's favourite activities:
-The big trampoline - she excelled in fearless jumping!
-The "poutre" (high beam) - the tallest one was the best one.
| Receiving her certificate |
Bravo Margot! I'm most impressed. Don't think I'd have much luck herding Owen into doing anything so structured! I do think trampoline should be a standard fixture in all homes, like a bath or windows. She looks like she loves it Jen :) xxx
ReplyDelete