Friday, December 21, 2012

A Happy Solstice to All!

Waking up to snow

Oh! Jack Frost! You came with a bang in all your glory today. SNOW DAY!!! Even though I'm done teaching for the semester (hence, I don't have to drive to work), I still get excited when I see snow in the early morning and can't get back to bed. To top off the enthusiasm, Simon worked from home. YEAH!!!
Shovelling with a rake goes twice as fast... hum...

Frosty
Hug in the snow
Lunch for the birds

Extra food for the chickadees.

Amazing socks! Stood outside taking pictures for about 3 minutes and did not feel cold at all. Truly!



 My moment: Doing a meditation practice in the early morning (before 7am) with Margot quietly sitting on my lap. Bliss!

4 comments:

  1. Cool photos. Just rain rain rain here. Would like a bit of snow for Christmas although you know everything grinds to a halt here if there's so much as a flake of snow :-) Merry Christmas to you and you lovely ones. Love Alicia and the gang xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia: I wish you a bit of snow. And let's hope that Bristol comes to a halt and that schools are closed so that kids can make snowmen and snow angels!
      xox

      Delete
  2. Happy solstice to you too! Yesterday was my first vacation day, and it was such a treat to just sit at home with my knitting and watch the world turn white. My idea of heaven!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole: Get those cross-crountry skis out! The snow is here to stay for a few months. xox

    ReplyDelete