Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's Starting to Feel a Lot Like Winter

As I am writing, it is snowing. Big, slow, fluffy flakes descending from the sky. Ah! Winter has arrived!
I really like winter. It's a fresh season which forces us to go inwards and reflect, drink hot beverages and stay cozy. It's also an invigorating season: the cold air, the rosey cheeks. Nothing is more deserving than coming indoors after spending time outdoors. "Wasting an afternoon" reading or watching a movie is totally acceptable after an hour on the trails.

November was gorgeous this year! As most of you know, November is my least favourite month. But this year it was sunny, mild, and friendly. No rain or the typical greyness I usually associate with that month.


Father and daughter Saturday yardwork while I drink tea and read:


Ready for a "hike" with those turbo red mitts:

How to achieve Margot's look: headband as a belt, topless, my handknitted leg warmers on legs (good spot) and shoes in the house (!)



2 comments:

  1. It has been freezing here today but Kitty and I have had an amazing morning at our first Forest school group. We met Badger (a puppet) then searched for his friends on the woods. We had hot chocolate around an open fire in the great outdoors. So much fun.
    Love Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, that's so cool that Kitty goes to a Forest school! I checked out the Badger Forest School in Bristol. That's in Leigh Woods! Brings back Bristol memories of taking walks in those woods with Simon and "planting" our little Christmas tree (more like a plant-Christmas tree) at the end of the season. "Sam Tree", we named him. Hopefully, he's still there ;)

    ReplyDelete