A walk in the winter air!
Today, I went for a much needed walk outside. Strange how I used to walk everywhere and now going for a walk is a luxury. This doesn't feel right. Since the fall semester, I feel rather sedentary and house-bound.
It's getting rather challenging to walk with Margot: She's not a big fan of the stroller; she despises wearing mitts; she gets restless and always wants to stop at the park. Not the quiet little bean she used to be...
So this afternoon, I laced up by "approach shoes", bundled up with my Neige tuque and my cozy mitts, turned on my iPod and jetted out of the house. Ah! So nice! I've discovered Podcasts (I know, I'm a bit late in the technology world) and downloaded a few of CBC's Q episodes. I was in great company!The brisk air and the cloudless sky made this a perfect December walk.
And here's the little munchkin laughing in the morning rays:
And her little comedian streak:
I know exactly what you mean! It feels such a luxury (relief) to walk at your own pace, and without interruption. I always used to joke that I would fix the kids with wheels, so I could just pull them along behind me. But you're quite right, it's better to just ditch them completely ;) xxx
ReplyDeleteThat sun rays photo may be a framer :)
ReplyDeleteI love the new look! Pieds nu en hiver est magnifique...
ReplyDeletexox
Sabrina