What a lovely surprise this morning when I woke up to a ground covered with snow. Obviously, we had to venture to Gatineau Park for a short walk. You can't walk much (or fast) with a toddler.
We also had a surprise (12 hours notice) visit from Simon's parents. They didn't stay very long, but had a great time with Margot. And we had a wonderful time with them too!
Winter is a time to reflect. It's a time to ponder; to go inwards. To take the time to build awareness. To think about the previous year, and make plans for the one to come. It's about being grateful for the people in your life.
Winter Holiday Blessing:
Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.
Adapted from "Under a Dark Star" by Fiona Macleod, 1895
Happy Winter!
Happy Winter to you too! And thank you for the wise words. Love you and your wonderful spirit my Jen. Bexxxx
ReplyDeleteHappy winter to you too! I just went for my first ski yesterday and I was in heaven! Hope you are having lots of fun in the snow too.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful 2012 to you, Simon, and little Margot. I hope we get a chance to spend lots and lots of knitty time together!
xoxo Nicole