The days are short, the evenings are dark, there are no holidays or celebrations. The novelty of the semester has worn off and I have a dip in enthusiasm and vibrancy.
It's often a time of year (and I keep track of those issues when I revisit my past journal entries) when I'm questioning my career, looking for more meaning, contemplating options, seeking projects, being restless… but then these feelings gently dissipate by December.
I started November 1st dreading the next 29 days.
What can I do to make this month more enjoyable?
-I started a daily meditation practice. Minimum of 10 minutes, usually in the evening. A time to reflect, to ground, to connect. So far, so good!
-Do knitting in the evening. I have a few projects in mind…
-Embrace the outdoors.
So far, the weather has been glorious, but rain is expected in the next few days… slump.
I have decided to see the beauty of this quiet month; to notice its unassuming grace, to be grateful for its light, to listen to the earth.
A few people see November as the calm before the storm. A time to take it easy and rejuvenate. This doesn't really apply to me, as I don't really experience the frenzy of the holidays. I just ride the wave…
November is a poetic month.
| 4:00pm light in the woods. |
| The best place for kids after school? The woods! |




Best place for kids anytime - the woods!! :)
ReplyDeleteI like November. I like the onset of winter without the maelstrom of Christmas. Winter, hah, it's 20° here! But still there's a nip in the air, things start to slow down, walks can be followed by hot chocolate (or mulled wine ;). And I love that there are no special things going on, what a relief, it's calm. Glad you're seeing the beauty - looks like there's a lot of beauty to see where you are!
xxx
I'm glad to see you're taking to hear some aspects of what we talked about on our visit. Is that path the same one we walked on the weekend? I see Noa but I don't see Asher. I've been appreciative of November for a number of years. It feels like a whole month of in-between moments, of which there are precious few throughout the rest of the year.
ReplyDelete*taking to heart. Can't edit typos!
DeleteThe 2 pictures of Noa and Margot were taken on a different path: the woods by their school.
DeleteAlso, I should have given you credit for the title of my post. Thank you for the inspiration ;)
xox