My time: 32:57.
| I did it! Soaked from head to toe! |
I really didn't think I was going to beat my last timed race (in May), but I did!
It was a rainy morning (as you can tell from the pics).
| i'm a bit unsure about this race... hum... |
My 7-week training for this race had lots of ups and downs, mostly due to the hot days, a cold and our visit to Toronto. During these last few things I didn't even want to run the race anymore...
However, despite my hesitation this morning (especially when seeing all that rain!), this race went better than expected. I'm proud that I ran the entire course. I'm also proud that I beat my time (this wasn't really planned). Both my watch and my iPod failed me (what are the odds??!) and I had no idea on how I was doing for time and no music to keep me going.
Margot signed up to run the 1km Kid's Run, but it was cancelled due to the weather. Boo! Here she is, all geared up to go:
Awesome you are indeed! So impressed. When's the next one? ;p xxx
ReplyDeleteI haven't done any races this season (stupid knee!). Way to go! It's still my mission to run a race in Ottawa sometime. Better luck next time Margot!
ReplyDeleteBravo Jen! You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteWell done Jen! You look great out there! Rain and all....! Love the cheering section!
ReplyDeleteSabrina