Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Autumn Manifesto

Autumn has officially begun! (although it's been here for the entire month of September)

Here's the Khouri-Parham Family Trio Autumn Manifesto: (sorry, but you'll have to bend your head to the right to read it, since I can't figure out how to rotate the picture)



Checked for September: all those things!
I know it might not seem like a lot, but it's realistic for us. And, if we do something extra (like two cultural activities!), then it's a bonus!


HIKE 1:
Pink Lake, Gatineau Park
Saturday Sept.6 2014
Note: We had a crazy rainstorm the previous day, which caused a lot of fallen trees on the path. Regardless, we made it around the lake and felt like jungle explorers when we encountered unrooted trees and fallen branches along our path.








HIKE 2:
Mud Lake, Ottawa
Sunday Sept.14 2014
Note: a cold morning! Showing the natural environs to our Toronto visitors (the little boy, Asher, is Margot's 2 year-old cousin)







CULTURE:
Museum of Nature
Saturday Sept.13th 2014
Note: What to do on rainy Saturday afternoon? Go to the museum!




CULTURE (bonus)
The Tempest for children by Rag and Bone Theatre Company at GCTC (studio)
Sunday Sept.21
Note: It was entertaining. I'm not a big puppet fan, but it worked and Margot chuckled at the comedic moments (especially the part she vividly remembers: the dogs).  I don't remember Trinculo and Stephano being chased by dogs… hum… I'm a bit concerned that the stuffed dogs may have warped Margot's first experience of The Tempest...



NEW EXPERIENCE:
Raspberry picking at Potager Eardley
Saturday Sept.7th.
Note: It was the second batch: the fall raspberries. A bit on the tart side.





I'm a list maker. I'm a memory recorder. I like checking things off. I like making plans. I think that it's so easy to fly though a month and not really experience anything "special". By having a Manifesto (and sticking to it), we "force ourselves" to go out and do things. It's sometimes too easy to fall into the hum drum of daily life. Sure, I think it's important to have a lazy weekend once in awhile, but I don't want to get too comfortable. It's not good for my vagabonding spirit...


1 comment:

  1. I love your manifestos. I think I should do this so I don't get bogged down thinking I have to fill every moment with stuff, stuff and more stuff. Less is more. I would include lazy weekend on the manifesto!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete