I was hoping to celebrate Margot's half birthday, but I didn't. The day went by and then ended and I completely forgot!
In the future, I hope to celebrate half birthdays. When you are a child, 3 and a half is a big deal!
Maybe it would have just confused Margot. She sometimes says that she's five (like her cousin Noa).
I console myself by thinking that she had a good day: she laughed, she danced, she ate hummus and breadsticks, she went swimming, she sang, she napped with her dada in the afternoon sun. A perfect day for a 3 and a half year old.
At the moment we are getting through about a couple of birthday celebrations every weekend - if people started celebrating half birthdays as well that's all we'd ever do! Just with kids, cousins aunts and uncles we're already stretched to birthday breaking point. But I suppose if there were just less people milling about getting older then half birthdays would be a nice way to bring more celebration and cake into our lives :)
ReplyDeleteThat said, glad to hear Margot had a nice half birthday. I love her twirly photo.
Right, guess where we're off to this afternoon... a birthday party!
Much love xxx
That dress looks familiar :D
ReplyDelete