Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Now

Margot is watching Baby Art on DVD while playing with puzzle pieces.

She just did pipi in her waffle underwear. She told me by shouting "Oh no!". She sat patiently on the potty afterwards. She wiped herself and threw the toilet paper into the toilet. We flushed together. "Bye bye pipi". My plan was to toilet train her this summer. I have a few library books about the whole process. Not a thrilling read... I'm a bit slack and inconsistent with this whole potty-training business. Perhaps I should have a plan.

I'm drinking tea. My morning cup of orange pekoe with a dash of milk.

On my mind this moment (also, what I've been googling all morning):
-bed ideas for Margot. I love the idea of a low bed (futon-style). Toddler beds are cute, but they're not big enough! A bed, especially for a child, is a place where you can lay your dolls and teddies, have a bunch of books sprawled across it and lie sideways if you wish. She's still in her crib and enjoys it, but I'm itching to move things around in her room.
-buying a pair of Madrid Birks. I haven't bought new sandals in a really long time. Also, coincidentally, I've talked to too many people in the last few weeks who have bought newBirks. I'm jealous and I want my new pair. It's summer and my feet want to walk around in new sandals.

I'm also thinking about my next knitting projects.

And should I go to the grocery store now or in an hour? My brief list is made. Tugging Margot to a grocery store is an in and out business. No meandering around the aisles and reading ingredient lists.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better:
    1. I am completely inconsistent with O's toilet training. I haven't read a single book on the subject but I still fully intend to have the boy in pants by the end of the summer (on his bottom, not on is head).
    2. We're about to move O into M's bed. It's not a toddler bed, just an ordinary single kid's bed. I can sleep perfectly comfortably in it (and have). It is stuffed with M's stuff.
    3. My birks are all cracked, they have walked me through two pregnancies, but there will be no new ones for me this summer. Unless I decide to make the kids go barefoot...
    4. I just went to the grocery store because I forgot loo roll and tea bags yesterday. The heat has melted my brain.
    That is all.
    Oh, also, nice to see a post on PNE.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete