Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Morning

Autumn has shown its true colours. Woke up to a windy, grey and chilly (10C) morning.
Margot allowed us to sleep in until 8am, although Simon woke up at 7:30 and did a morning yoga practice. Very impressed by his dedication to do yoga twice a week (his week begins on Sunday; therefore, he needed to squeeze his second practice before the end of the day).

I like having a low-key weekend day. Nothing planned on the agenda. Those days are necessary, especially when one's week is "go go go" sprinkled with early wake-ups!

Saturday morning pleasures: classical music on the radio, pot of tea, curled up in the red chair with a book.

I also completed a pair of green arm warmers.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful arm warmers! I love those unplanned week-end days as well, there's something very refreshing about not having a schedule to tend to. Enjoy this lovely autumn season in Ottawa - are the leaves changing colours yet?
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressed with the arm warmers. I miss morning reads. Somehow it just never happens any more... (I find other times but for me morning is the best time to read). Still, it's lovely to see you all snuggled up with a book :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you finished them! We should get together soon to knit! Perhaps the weekend following Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, it's definitely knitting season and I'm up for a Knitting Club Date!
    Bex, I learned all about morning reads from you. xox

    ReplyDelete