I can't really say we're going to the Maritimes or Eastern Québec or any specific province... Let's just say we're going East. We're flying into Charlottetown (PEI), renting a car, taking a ferry and attending a Lobster Fest in Pictou (NS) - and that's all in Day 1! Then, off to Chéticamp/Cape Breton for a few nights by the sea and a few day hikes (and more lobster). And then, back to PEI for a stopover at Lane's Cottages (where they make their own ice cream!) before we take the 5 hour ferry to Les iles de la madeleine (Québec) where we will stay at a waterfront cottage for a few nights and enjoy le vent, la mer, le ciel, les dunes et l'espace.
Simon and I haven't gone on a trip since our amazing San Fran adventure in August 2009. We're long overdue!
This trip might not be the South of France :( or an exciting urban city break, but it should be an easy-going, relaxing trip where Margot can run on the beach, run in the wide open spaces, and learn to eat at diners!
| Margot practicing for the real thing. |
Hooray, anonymous no more (am on F's computer). Have a lovely first family holiday. I have high hopes for lobster too. I've been practising my "I need lobster" face, I'm all ready to hit the beaux parents with it.
ReplyDeleteI'll settle for langoustine.
Margot always looks like she means business :)
Sand and sea and sunny beams of love,
Bex
xxx
I hope you are having a grand ole time. Tell Margot to say hi to the seagulls for me...
ReplyDelete